To help with the cost of therapy sessions or equipment for your child there are different government funding options if your child meets the eligibility criteria. You can also use private healthcare or Medicare rebates to cover parts of the treatment costs.

Better Start Funding

I have been approved as a registered Better Start Provider since August 2011 and have provided services to many children all over Australia using the scheme. Sessions and equipment can be fully funded through your child’s Better Start account within the Better Start funding limits.

To access Better Start, children with an eligible diagnosis have to meet registration criteria and be registered before they turn 6 years. Families will have until the child turns 7 to access the funding.

To find out if your child is eligible, please visit the Better Start website or call 1800242636

NDIS Funding

I have been approved as a registered NDIS provider since November 2013, servicing children coming from areas in Australia where the NDIS funding has already been rolled out. Parents have included my services in their child’s support plan and I have given feedback and recommendations for future therapy and equipment needs back to the planner.

Medicare Care plan

A child with a disability or a chronic condition might be eligible for a chronic disease management plan (CDM) through their GP. The GP can address the plan to me. A maximum of 5 allied health services per year can be supported by Medicare.

Private health insurance

The rebate a private health insurance will pay per session will depend on your insurance policy. You can use your invoice to claim back part of the session’s cost.

Equipment funding:

In Queensland MASS (Medical Aids Subsidy) or CAEATI (Community Aids Equipment and Assistive Technologies Initiative) funding is available to most clients and I am more than happy to help with the all required paperwork.

Better Start or NDIS funding for equipment is available to eligible clients and I am able to facilitate claims through them.

I can prepare recommendations for equipment to help secure funding from charities or to support claims with private health care funds.